Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Body in..... Motion

Been a bad blogger (as I often am). There have been periods since my last post that I wrote and wanted to post.....then thought better of it. I figure I shouldn't put anything out in the world when I'm grumpy/frustrated/dissatisfied/it's my birthday.....dark, grumpy thoughts should not be left running loose, who knows the havoc they could wreak!

My birthday has passed (with a whimper, not a bang), and I am feeling less frustrated with my world. Time to try this writing thing again.

Work:
Still liking the job, not liking the casual-ness of it. Yes, I realize I was hired in a casual capacity. It sounded fabulous when I was in pain & post surgery. After this month, I really have no work coming my way. That makes me sad.

I am also struggling with the fact that I still don't feel like I really know what I'm doing. 

There is so much to learn, I can hardly believe it. I am enjoying the challenge, but I want to master at least a piece of it! Not being there on a regular basis, there's a lack of continuity. Without the daily reinforcement of the skills I'm learning....well, I just need to come to terms with the fact this will take longer than I think it should.
I am lucky that I work with some very patient people who answer my (repetitive) questions, and don't roll their eyes when I inevitably make another mistake. Colour me thankful.

Running:
Our first race is on Saturday.....I might die. Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration.
Seriously though, it'll be more walk than run for me. I haven't run a 5k for.....better not to think about that.
I am doing some serious self-coaching.
*It's perfectly fine to walk
*It's a starting point for the rest of the running season
*I will not compare myself to the other (faster) runners
*If nothing else.....I get a new shirt.

I am angry at myself for not moving my arse more. I've let too many excuses get in the way. While there has been illness,injury,and recovery to deal with, there has also been a good dose of winter apathy.

So, let the Spring Fling be the catalyst that gets me moving in a forward motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment