Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sharing Time!

Where to begin folks.

Where.
To.
Begin.

So, there's been some stuff brewing around here I've not shared with too many people.

I'll start with the professional side of  life. (Me, with one of those!)

Back in March, I had applied for a very short, temporary position with our local Chamber of Commerce. I ended up having to turn down the interview due to a scheduling conflict at the bank ( I was booked in to work).

Then, last week, my cell phone rang. I was hoping it was a store I had a raincheck at, calling to tell me my blender was in. Imagine my surprise when I was asked if I was interested in coming in for an interview....at the Chamber of Commerce office.

So I did.

I was offered the position yesterday. I will be the Executive Director at the Chamber of Commerce for the next year.

It's a part-time position. A fantastic opportunity to learn a whole new skill-set, get to know even more about the community we are planning to make our home, something I think I'll really enjoy.

I am also happy that I'll be able to continue on in my current casual position. I've said it before, I really love the work I do there.

Fingers crossed I can make it all fit. I plan on doing everything in my power to be successful.

Thinking I'll save the rest for another post. Need to sort out all the swirling in my head. Last night was somewhat sleepless. Either I was too excited to sleep, or nervous about everything on the horizon.

Pretty sure it's both.

No comments:

Post a Comment