Thursday, April 24, 2014

Kitchen to Treadmill

Dreary and grey, but at least it's raining (currently) and not snowing (possibility).

Spring Break is coming to end for my kidlets. For some reason, here in our little town it's always at Easter, not March when most places do it. This year, Easter was late, so break was late. When they go back on Monday, they'll only have 2 months left until Summer Vacation.

It's been pretty quiet for us. Spending time, catching up on projects and chores that have been pushed to the side.
Son #3 and I made our famous family biscuits with homemade soup one afternoon. It was fun working with him in the kitchen. The boy has talent too! They were delicious....no pics, we ate them all.

Today the Littlest and I will be busting out the mixer to whip up a batch of breakfast cookies ( called cereal cookies in my house growing up). Our special edition: chocolate rice crispy cereal! Maybe there will be a photo addition later....it's a huge recipe, there should be some left.

Started back running this morning. Running might be a grand term for what I was doing, but I say it stands. (I despise the word "jogging", for some reason it makes me feel less badass)

After the eye-opening 5k race we did a couple (few?) weeks ago, I finally had to face the truth: If I don't move my arse, all the races we have registered for will suck. I want to finish every race feeling accomplished, not beat up, wrung out, and down on myself.

So, my training goals are:
1. Do the work.
2. Finish every race to the best of my abilities

Yup. That's it.
I am slow, plodding even. However, I have never quit a run or a race. Out of shape, and a bigger shape I might be....but not a quitter.

***It occurs to me that a blog post starting with baking and ending with running might be an odd combination. Meh, both are things I love to do.***

No comments:

Post a Comment