Monday, February 24, 2014

Need Me Some Vitamin D!

Winter is a fact of life in many parts of the world, and here it feels like it lasts longer every time it comes around.

To be honest, I dread January through March. Everyone seems to be getting ready to go to some warm destination, or is coming back with a vacation tan. While I am happy for them, there is a small, petty part of me that is so jealous. I find I can muster no sympathy for their vacation preparation stress, nor can I empathize with their post-vacation blues.

The sun is shining bright here today. Too bad the windchill is sitting around -40*C. Not exactly comfortable to go out and get a little vitamin D.....I'm just not that hardcore.

Casual employee life is also not all I thought it would be. I love the job, when I'm there. I was so excited to be working for the entire month. That didn't happen. Had a couple weeks part-time, then things changed (the gal that was away came back from her trip early). I do work some hours this week, so I'm glad. *sigh* I must remind myself this is an investment in the future. I worry that I'll never become proficient in my position at this rate though. (Patience,patience.....must be patient.)

On the brightside, all this free time I've got, I'll be able to train for the races we have coming up. Need to start working on my mileage for the Seawheeze Half, and it looks like we'll be "Trying a Tri" at a nearby triathlon in the spring. Fingers crossed the snow is gone by June!


No comments:

Post a Comment