Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Smells Good, Tastes Good....

I got called in today!

It was a pleasant surprise to get a shift today. Short, sweet, but better than nothing at all. Let's face it, I need all the practice that I can get!

Spring has yet to fully uncoil itself. Bit of snow last night, more in the forecast tonight. Brrrr.....either Winter is having a hard time with the break-up we all want, or Spring is just too shy to step-in and take  over. Personally, I'd just like to see a little bit of green.

In keeping with the current weather, I thought a nice warm soup would be good for supper. I had a hambone left from our meal sunday, and split-pea soup seemed like a great idea.

I stuck everything in the pot, got the water boiling....seems I was a wee bit low on split-peas.

I've never been one to let a lack of correct ingredients stop me in the kitchen. Grabbed another bag of dried split pea/lentil/barley mix....low and behold, it was nearly done too!(Who does the shopping around here? Oh yeah....nevermind)

There was no going back at this point folks. Soup was what was going to be for supper! So, instead of traditional split pea soup, I am calling it split pea-ham-potato-corn-chowder. It's ugly, smells delicious & tastes pretty darn good (according to this taste-tester).


No comments:

Post a Comment