Monday, April 14, 2014

The Point of the View

So....momentum....yeah

Seems that it was not long-lived.

Getting things moving along in most parts of my life has been harder than  it should be.


Spring. Every time it feels like it's finally here, winter stomps back in like a toddler that doesn't want a nap.

This was the view from my sister's deck the other evening (photo courtesy of my Dad's cell phone)

This next photo is the view from our deck yesterday morning
Anyone else hear the tune "One of these things is not like the other"

While I know that the end is near, the snow in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow has "BLECH"  written all over it.

We started a little Spring Cleaning all the same. Hubby took the plastic off the windows, cleaned the gunk out of them. I cleaned the tops of the kitchen cupboards today. Yuck. 3 hours of washing all the kitschy thingies I keep up there (a collection  of old dishes handed down from family, candle holders, that sort of thing). Everything looks shiny now....and I have packed away a bunch of it so that next time I have less to clean.

My knees are crabby thanks to all the climbing, so I stayed home from Zumba tonight. Well, to be honest, that's only part of the reason....I just couldn't face going. I find it a real struggle to keep up in class right now. Between my stupid knees and the extra weight.....I crash around even more than usual. (Definitely more hippo than gazelle of late).

I should have gone. I always tell the kids the only way to get better at something is to keep trying.

There is so much to look forward to, to train for in the coming months. I need to get my head straight, make a plan and get moving.

I am done my last scheduled stretch of work, so I have plenty of time to get organized.

Bright side.







No comments:

Post a Comment