Friday, July 4, 2014

Making Memories...Hoping for no Permanent Scars

Boy, I have been busy!

New Job: Yikes! It's been a bit overwhelming. Almost 2 months in, and some days I still feel like I'll never get a handle on things. I planned and pulled off my first official event. There were some hiccups, but overall the feedback has been good. Thanks again to my parents,hubby and kids for helping me out. If not for them, I would have fallen flat on my face.

Since I last posted something here we've been training (not enough) and have run a couple of races. The Women's Run (10k) in Edmonton, and we completed our first "Try-a-Tri" on June 15th ( I have dubbed it the race with no time....more on that later). There's a story for each of these races, but that will have to wait.

This weekend is a biggie. Tomorrow my Running Folks and I will be heading into the city for Color Me Rad. This is the race we had planned to run last summer in Calgary, but unfortunately there was all that flooding,so.....it should be a lot of fun. I am curious to see if the colour washes off of me after!

Then, on Sunday, my Fabulous  Running Buddy and I will be participating in the 5k Spartan Sprint race. *GULP*  I am feeling pretty nervous,with a heaping scoop of fear on top. I am pretty sure I will be glad we did it at the finish line, but the anticipation is hurting my tummy a bit.

So, this weekend,while my former school mates are recalling the "Good Old Days"over some adult bevvies in BC, I'll be getting pelted with colour bombs and crawling through the mud. Pretty sure everyone will come away from the weekend with a bunch of new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment